At Kinderbear Nursery, we like to get to know you as a family better and understand your home routine as this helps us understand what your child is used to at home and will help us settle you all in more easily. You'll get to know your keyworker, meet some of the other children and meet other staff who work here. The purpose of this settling in process is that when your child fully starts nursery both you and they will feel familiar with the environment and us which will put your little one much more at ease. As the child's parent or carer you know what to expect when you bring your child in and you will know what you need to bring to nursery with you each day.
• We offer a number of FREE play and stay sessions to aid the settling in period, enabling you and your child to feel safe and secure prior to commencement.
• A comprehensive care plan will be given to you to complete.
• Parents can telephone or message the nursery as many times as they like to check how their child is.
• A complete set of clothes (clearly labelled) should be left at nursery. During summer months, all children will need a suitable sunhat and sunscreen.
• During winter months, all children will need a suitable coat, gloves, hat and scarf, (clearly labelled) and all walkers will need Wellington boots.
• Kinderbear offers extra-curricular activities in French. These are taught by external teachers who specialise in teaching young children.
The Owner is actively involved in the nursery on a full time basis, complimented by her Nursery Manager. We have a solid team of 30 Practitioners and support staff.
We pride ourselves on our staff retention with many having had over 10 years’ service within our company.
Everyone involved in our nursery has a current DBS clearance.
Both the Owner and Nursery Manager have undertaken “Safer Recruitment” training and we follow a strict code when looking to employ new staff.
All our staff hold a relevant paediatric first aid certificate which is renewed every 3 years. We also actively encourage further development in areas such as customer service, team leading and management.
The team all hold or are working towards a level 3 in childcare. Some have level 4 & 5 and our curriculum coordinator holds a degree in early years.